Monday, November 16, 2009

ATC Swap Club

First Meeting
This Thursday
November 19th
7p - 8p



Join us this Thursday for our first ATC Club!
We will be meeting the third Thursday of every month and I look forward to getting some new cards to fill my 7Gypsies ATC Holder.

How does it work?
You show up on Thursday at 7p. There will be a brief intro to new product in the store that is geared toward ATC enthusiasts. Then, your ATC cards are swapped in a round robin type fashion in the group to be fair.

How many cards to I bring?
You will bring 11 and get 10 back, one set will be kept in the store.

What are ATCs?
ATC stands for Artist Trading Cards. They are mini works of art, all handmade which started in Switzerland in 1997. People trade these mini cards measuring 2.5"x3.5" all over the world. You can generally use anything you want to make an ATC unless there are special rules, challenges or guidelines.

Are there any special themes, rules or guidelines?
Each month there will be a theme. The first month it is anything goes but starting in December there is a theme.

What are the themes for the upcoming months?
November 19th – No theme/Open to anything
December 17th - Winter
January 21st - Animals
February 18th - Love
March 18th - Green
April 15th - Nature


Do I need to sign my cards?
Yes! Each card should contain the following information on the back:
  • Your name
  • The number of the card in the series you made (example, card 2 of 11)
You can include other info such as date or theme but it is not required.

Do I need to sign up or register for the Swap?
Nope. Just come on in on the ATC Club Night and you're in the swap of the month.

I've never swapped ATCs but I am curious to learn more, can I come and not swap?
Sure!! Join us for a meeting to find out what the buzz is all about and I am sure you will be hooked.

If you have any other questions, call the store at 847-670-6065.
See you Thursday!

*ATC courtesy of Louise Granlund, Thanks Louise!!

No comments: